We love to see submissions coming in from both new and previously published creatives. We consider all types of style and genre, and are always excited to read new work.
To submit, please email us your work along with a short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the submission guidelines BEFORE submitting your work to us. Thanks!
We like to keep things simple. This is what we like to see in submissions:
- Include an author or artist bio along with any social media handles you'd like to provide and a photo.
- For authors, if you have books / chapbooks / pamphlets for sale, please provide links.
- For artists, please include a link to your online portfolio or to your ArtPal / Fine Art America / Saatchi Art / Society6 / etc. page.
- There's no need for a detailed cover letter, but if you'd like to provide one, please do.
For poetry and flash fiction
- Up to ten pieces.
- We like prose poetry, long form poetry, found poetry, centos, haibun, and experimental / hybrid forms. Does your piece defy classification? We'll take a look.
- Please do not exceed 1000 on your word count for any piece.
- We may need to rework the line breaks depending on how it fits on our page. We will always endeavour to keep the poem in its original form where possible. By submitting your work, you give your permission for these alterations to be made.
For visual art
- Please format visual art submissions as .jpg or .png files, preferably large format and high resolution. We need to see the original image file before any resizing / cropping / resolution changes / etc.
- For multiple pieces, please put the image files in a .zip folder and upload the folder, instead of multiple submissions or a PDF. A link to an online folder (Google Drive, etc.) is also fine.
- Please do not submit more than 10 pieces at one time.
When will I hear back?
We will do our best to review your submission and reply in a timely manner, but please be patient if it takes us a couple of weeks to several months or longer. If you haven't heard from us for the issue you submitted to, it means that your submission is still under consideration.
Please note: By submitting your work to us, you are giving us permission to share your details with relevant parties.